Meet Our Baton Rouge Estate Planning Lawyer
Learn How Attorney Siobhan Leger Can Help You
Siobhan Leger is a graduate of both Louisiana State University, where she
earned her Bachelor of Arts in English, and the Paul M. Hebert Law Center
at Louisiana State University, where she earned her Juris Doctor and her
Graduate Diploma in Comparative Law. Siobhan graduated with honors for
pro bono service and was admitted to practice in the State of Louisiana
After practicing in the areas of estate planning, estate administration,
probate, and real estate law for several years with a boutique law firm
in the Baton Rouge area, Siobhan Leger opened the Leger Law Group, LLC.
As the managing attorney for the Leger Law Group, LLC, Siobhan now practices
in all areas of civil law, but continues to focus her practice on wills
& trusts, estates, real estate, Medicaid and Veteran's Aid &
Attendance planning, and family law.
- Ms. Leger’s practice encompasses a wide range of areas, including,
but not limited to, the following:
Estate planning: simple and complex wills, trusts, powers of attorney, healthcare powers
of attorney, living wills, codicils, estate plan reviews and updates.
Estate administration: successions and probate matters, small succession affidavits, trust administration,
and trust dissolution.
Elder law and long term care planning: Medicaid planning and qualification, VA Aid and Attendance planning, estate
tax planning, elder law litigation, and interdiction matters.
Special needs planning: special needs trusts, including first and third party trusts, tutorship
proceedings, continuing tutorships, and conservatorship proceedings (referred
to as an "interdiction" proceeding in Louisiana).
Real estate: lease contracts, lease-purchase agreements, usufruct transfers, acts of
sale, acts of donation, acts of exchange, title review, and title clearing.
Family law: prenuptial agreements, post-nuptial agreements, divorces, and property
Siobhan serves her community as an active volunteer attorney with Wills
for Heroes, an organization that provides no-cost estate planning legal
services to veterans, members of law enforcement, and their families.
Since 2011, she has served Baton Rouge residents in need of legal services
as a volunteer attorney with Baton Rouge Bar Association's Pro Bono
Panel and Thirst for Justice Initiative. She also serves on the board
of the Women's Council of Greater Baton Rouge.
In 2015, Siobhan was nominated to serve as a member of the Practice Assistance
& Improvement Committee of the Louisiana State Bar Association.
- Accreditation for Veterans Affairs - United States Department of Veterans
Affairs - 2016
- Top 10 Attorneys Under 40 - National Academy Of Family Law Attorneys - 2016
- Top Contributor Award – Avvo - 2015
- Top 10 Attorneys Under 40 - National Academy Of Family Law Attorneys - 2015
- Client's Choice Award – Avvo - 2015
- Top 10 Best Family Law Attorney for Louisiana - American Institute of Family
Law Attorneys - 2015
- Top 40 Under 40 - National Trial Lawyers - 2015
- 10 Best - American Institute of Legal Counsel – 2015
- American Bar Association - 2015 - Present
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys - 2015 - Present
- Elder Law, Disability Planning and Bioethics Group, American Bar Association
- 2015 - Present
- Women's Council of Greater Baton Rouge - 2014 - Present
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys - 2015 - Present
- Young Lawyers Division of the American Bar Association - 2015 - Present
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section -
2015 - Present
- Louisiana State Bar Association - 2011 - Present
- Pro Bono Panel, Baton Rouge Bar Association - 2011 - Present
- Baton Rouge Bar Association - 2011 - Present